WHM(Web Host Manager) is cPanel’s master’s management tool. It gives you a lot more control and flexibility when managing either a few very popular and resource-consuming sites, or a huge number of smaller sites. WHM also gives you the option to create and manage multiple cPanels. If you have business oriented or popular sites,there are lots of really good reasons to place them on separate cPanels. Here are a few of the more common reasons we see:
If you have business oriented or popular sites,there are lots of really good reasons to place them on separate cPanels. Here are a few of the more common reasons we see:
-> Managing Multiple domains through the same cPanel can be quite unpleasant. WHM allows you to create a different cPanel for each domain you host.
-> Having a separate cPanel for each domain increases the security level. Let’s say you have a client who has a really nice site hosted on your cPanel, but he rarely remembers to secure and update the script he uses. So if his website gets hacked, all sites on that control panel can be compromised. If he gets his own cPanel, his account will be separate from the others on your VPS and other customers’ sites will remain intact.
-> Also, if each client has his own cPanel on your server, they will not be able to see other cPanels generated through the WHM. This way everyone will feel much better about their own privacy.
All WHM users have:
- the tools needed to create, delete, and suspend cPanel accounts.
- the tools needed to manage and monitor sites (password resets, file access, full access to all cPanel features).
- access to all of your domains DNS zones.
- the ability to configure customers’ support requests through cPanel.
- permission to check the server information and status.
- access to customize your hosting and control panel (skeleton directory, branding).
- ability to change your clients’ domain names and usernames.