An autoresponder is a free Email Marketing feature with all of the web hosting services that gives you the opportunity to engage with contacts and start building a relationship with them. It allows you to target new customers to specific contact lists and send them a sequence of pre-planned emails.
Autoresponder Automated Emails Allow You To:
- Introduce new connections to your organization.
- Address your new contacts with their frequently asked questions.
- Remind contacts of your new relationship.
- Create several unique series of Automated emails for lists in your account.
- Establish and build trust by sharing valuable and useful information.
There are different types of Autoresponder tools available in the market. Have a look:
- Time-based autoresponders are sent to your contacts in a sequence at intervals calculated starting from the day a contact select into your e-mail campaign e.g. Day 0 (instant message), 3, 7, 14, 21. Use them to send automatic messages to any contact that joins your list.
- Event-based autoresponders are sent when the subscriber performs an action you specify e.g., clicks the link, opens the message, changes his personal information (such as city or product preference), reaches a goal you’ve set (e.g. download e-book or purchase any service) will receive a specified autoresponder message.
Auto Responder Email Pros
The following are the advantages of sending email auto responder:
- After the initial time and resources required in order to build out your autoresponder program, you will have an ongoing communications channel with your customers that can happen with little or no maintenance from you.
- An engaging, compelling auto responder program can generate not only sales but also brand awareness and user referrals.
- Auto responders are a great solution for small businesses with extremely limited resources for email marketing and content generation.
Auto Responder Email Cons
The following are the disadvantages of sending email auto responder:
- Unlike traditional email marketing, email auto responders cannot easily be segmented to a single portion of your list. Autoresponders by nature are generalized and will, therefore, convert at a lower percentage than will targeted.
- Autoresponder E-mail campaigns can put the sender reputation of your email program at risk as auto responder programs tend to have higher unopened and spam complaint numbers.
In summary, auto responders present a great opportunity if you have limited time and resources to create email marketing campaigns. However, because they are less targeted, they may also be less effective and can put your email sender reputation at risk if they do not provide subscribers with engaging and useful content.